11 August 2009

Positively Third Street


On Aug. 11, 2009, I will be posting only about Third Street, Brooklyn. Specifically, Third Street between Smith Street and the Gowanus—a very gritty, utterly unsung stretch of pavement.

Why? Because it's hot, and when it's hot, I keep my ventures local; because it's what I've got a bunch of pictures of; because it's a damn interesting piece of urban thoroughfare; just because.

I'll start with this message painted across the rim of a vacant warehouse near the Gowanus Canal. "No More Corporate Bullshit. Fuk Wall Street."

I like the way you talk, Third Street. Fuk them, indeed.

3 comments:

BrooksNYC said...

Indeed....INDEED.

That's a very handsome building, from what I can see of it. I hope it has a future.

article marketing said...

You're just so funny. I've missed your blogs.

Lisanne said...

Ironically this went up about 2 weeks before the "crash" and I love how on the other side it says "open your eyes" and looks down upon the site where the Toll Brothers want to build their condo village along Bond Street.